Monday, June 29, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.


Today is simply beautiful. It's is 75 degrees and breezy. No humidity. I'm loving it. No bad for the 2nd to last day of June. This former Mississippi girl is loving this weather. I got out this morning on the deck and worked on my hanging baskets. I went to Jewel (local grocery) and they had all their plants 50% off. I got quite a few and now I have to plant them. I've only been puttering around in my garden, because I have still been quite sick. But the Doc has me on prednisone. I hate taking that medicine, but it sure does seem to do the trick. Also taking pretty strong antibiotics. But, I am getting off the subject. (Slowly I'm getting better)


I spent the morning getting my plants in all their container gardens. Now my deck looks inviting. I've stuck a few American Flags in them, here and there. Getting ready for the fourth. We usually have a big BBQ with a nice firework show afterwards. Also my Birthday is coming up. I'm thinking I am getting a new digital camera. I can't wait.




I won a beautiful bracelet and earring set from one of my great blog friends. Jensmere! Thanks Susan. I got it the other day and simply love it. Now I need to find a cute outfit to set it off just right. Stop by Susan's blog and check her out. She's very creative!





I also won another award! Kathie over at My Net Finds gave me this fun little doozie!! This award is for: These blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self- aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly written text into the body of their award.




So, I pass this award on (in no particular order)!!






Alicia at More Than Words.


Mandy at Mommy Cracked.






Denise at Free to Be Me.


Jennifer at Walking on Sunshine.


Michelle at Surviving it All.




I hope you all enjoy you awards. I love getting to know ya better by reading your blogs.




Well, better go, I'm getting tired.




In Christ


6 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Thank you Renee! I appreciate the award. :o) And congrats to you! Your bracelet and earrings are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Have fun with your new plants and enjoy what sounds like wonderful weather!

Love!
Beth

Denise said...

Congrats, and thanks for sharing your award sweetie. I pray you feel better and better. I hope you enjoy your 4th of July holiday.

Anonymous said...

It's finally nice outside and I didn't enjoy it :-( My allergies started giving me fits last night. It doesn't make sense, the pollen count was low! Oh well. I hope tomorrow is better since it's going to be a little bit cooler than today even :-) I am glad you are getting better!!!

LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

'Sorry you have been under the weather and hope you're back to 100% real soon!

~Beth

Together We Save said...

Congrats on the win and the award!!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Awww...thanks for award.

I'm glad you are on the mend and spending time in the garden.

Love the earring and necklace set...so beautiful!