Monday, June 8, 2009

eHarmony and A Day In The Life in the Burbs.

This weekend was pretty good. My MIL came to visit and Hubby and I talked her into signing up on eHarmony!! So this should make life interesting. She is soooo picky. It's killing me. She also has bad self-esteem, due to her divorce from Hubby's Dad. We're working on that.

Hubby and I found out about each other through eHarmony. (We actually met face to face in Atlanta) So it's a reliable thing I think. My Mama also wants to get set on eHarmony. We are going to have the whole gang on there! LOL!

Friday night the kids came over and well, they were 45 min. late. This is an on going issue we have and I basically have just given up worrying about it. We had BBQ'd and we were waiting for them to get here. I was standing at the kitchen sink, washing a dish, and Hubby was on the deck. I heard this loud squeaking noise and I asked hubs what it was. I thought our cat had caught a bird.

Elvis (the cat) walked right up to the glass door with a thing in his mouth. At first, I thought it was a rat, but then I realized it was a baby rabbit. Hubby called out to Elvis to drop it and he did. Into the house hopped the bunny. I started screaming and it was hopping around. You should have seen it. I wish we had it on video. Then the kids arrived. The bunny was hiding behind the TV. We moved it and it hopped behind the couch. The chase was on. Around through the dining room, living room, back around to the den.

Mania rained and screaming was pouring out of the house. All over a cute baby rabbit. Finally I got the bright idea to get a towel and throw it over the baby and pick it up and put it out. But once it was outside on the front porch, it wouldn't move. I think it was scared to death.

About 15 min. later, Amber comes up to me with the watering can I keep out on the porch, it had the baby rabbit in it. She wanted to keep it. (Oh NO!! I said, we can't keep it) But she put it in a shoe box with grass and stuck it in the downstairs bathroom. (out of Elvis's way) I called some wildlife organizations, but it being a Friday night, got no answer.

I finally managed to talk Amber into putting the baby rabbit back outside so it's mama could find it. We placed it in the backyard next to the fence. Hopefully there was a joyful family reunion. Baby Bunny was gone the next morning.

That's just a taste of life in the suburbs my friends. It's not always dull. Ha!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

In Christ,


11 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

Lil Sis thinks I need an eharmony account according to her reasoning "You are 20 and since you don't have a boyfriend it is never going to be too early for you to start." She is very afraid I am going to become a cat lady.

Denise said...

Woo Hoo, what a weekend, lol

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Too funny!

Here's hoping your MIL & Mama have has much luck on eHarmony as you and hubby did!

Lois Christensen said...

This is my worse nightmare!! That some wild animal will find his way into my house and of course my hubby will be nowhere and no help! Very funny story and yes, I think a camera would have been the best!! Hope your MIL has some success!!

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, I would have LOVED to have seen you screaming and the little bunny hopping all around!!

Joyeful said...

Oh I wish you had it on video too!! That is hilarious! And I love that your cat is named Elvis!

Anonymous said...

Did I know that you guys met on EHarmony? That is way cool! We have something else in common!! :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard good things about matches made by eHarmony! And I would have wanted to keep the baby bunny too :-)

Sarah Wyland said...

The rabbit chase sounds amusing! We had a similar issue with a baby bird last summer. I had never been so happy to see wildlife rescue by the time all was said and done!

Lauren said...

Ha Ha! Thank goodness it wasn't a rat or that story would have not been as adorable. Good thing you put it back, we have 2 rabbits ourselves and they are kind of a pain to take care of.

Mandy said...

That is so cool that y'all met online! Now I can say I "know" someone who met on eHarmony! Aww, sounds like kitty thought he had a great play toy. Our male cat is forever bringing us "presents". We've had a baby bunny, too. Broke my heart!