Thursday, January 15, 2009

The coldest day ever!

Today didn't turn out exactly like I had planned for it to. My plan was that today, after Phillip and my brother-in-law Brad, left for work I would do my Bible reading and clean up around the house. Our house isn't very messy, since it's only the two of us, here most of the time. My sister's husband stays with us some though, but he is absolutely no trouble. Anyway, I was going to straighten up and start taking down our Christmas decorations. Yes I still have them up. It seems to me that it is pretty dumb to only have them up for such a short while, when I worked so hard to get everything all nice and festive. But alas, like I said, my plans changed.

Phil left around 5 a.m. and I remember hearing the van running so it could warm up (you know it's -15 degrees here) anyway I do remember hearing that, and then turning over and going back to sleep. Sometime around 8 a.m. I woke up and was headed downstairs to check the lock on the front door. Sometimes, when he leaves, he doesn't always lock the door. I got to the top of the stairs and I saw this guys legs (only his legs) just inside the front door. I thought that maybe it was my brother-in-law, so I called out his name. (I was slightly confused at even seeing this vision on a person, when I thought I was home alone.) But it was Phillip. The van wouldn't start. The van I had heard running was our other older work van, that they had just started up, to let it run a little bit. The other van, a Sprinter, was dead a door nail.

So needless to say my day was pretty shot, because the guys were here must of it. I hate cleaning and everything when Phillip is at home. I didn't even get my Bible reading done. The kids are supposed to be coming tomorrow for the weekend (depending on the weather) It may just be to cold for them to be out. They may have to come on Saturday. (which I wouldn't mind at all.) When they are here, our entire household is turned up side down. But I have to get things ready for them to come and also on entirely different note, my mother-in-law will be coming on Sunday to stay for the week.. Uggggh.

She will probably end up moving in with us at least for short while. She has just got laid off from her job of 8 years and she is going into foreclosure on her home. It's pretty sad, but I just pray for her that all will work out. I just don't know how it will be with her here constantly. I may just go nuts. Pray for me that I will survive!

Also, my Mom called today and asked that a childhood friend of mine and my sister, be put on everyone's prayer list. She has a mental illness and also has black mold in her lungs. Her parents have taken her to Texas to a clinic there to see if they can treat her re: her lungs. So please pray for Jenny B.

Well, I have rambled on enough for one night. Hopefully tonight I can go to sleep. And I pray that tomorrow will be a better day. I really need to get my day on track.

No comments: