Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Getting Pumped for the Holidays


I am really starting to get excited about the holidays. We are having about 20 people at our house on Thanksgiving and then I am going to start decorating for Christmas. Christmas is a holiday that I plan the decorations for months in advance. This year we are all having Christmas at Hubby's aunts house, so I am trying to think of some sort of gathering to have at my house before Christmas, sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.


Any suggestions? We are doing and ornament exchange at Hubby's aunts so I didn't want to do that. But I want to do something that is fun and easy. Please let me know if you have any ideas. I would love to hear them.




6 comments:

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

Hi. Visiting from SITS. Happy Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

yep yep recipe exchange... host a dinner where YOU supply the main course and everyoen else makes a dish that is their favortie and brings a copy of the recipe, you make copeis and everyone gets one. that wya you all have new recipes and its' not hard on your budget

Multiple personalities.. said...

I absolutely LOVE Christmas too! A fun gathering would be a cookie/dessert exchange. I went to one last year and it was so fun. You get to eat LOTs of yummy sweets, and plus you get to gather some great recipes. Have fun! Nice to meet you via SITS!

More Than Words said...

How fun...20 people!!!!

Umm..suggestions what to do? An easy thing is the White Elephant. Have you heard of that? It's like a gift exchange with a twist. You can set the limit too, as far as how much to spend so it won't be too expensive.

Together We Save said...

I host my husbands family for both holidays. Thanksgiving has been at my house for 20 years and I love it. As for having your family over, some type of cookie exchange would be fun.

Lois Christensen said...

You could do a cookie exchange. Enjoy your Thanksgiving! 20 people!!! Should be a very nice time!