Monday, February 9, 2009

The weather is warming up!!!



I haven't blogged for a week or so. I have been kind of down. Winter just gets so long, but we are having some great pre-spring weather today and tomorrow. Yeahhhh!! We should hit the 60's tomorrow. I have almost finished reading Genesis. I have been so interested in it like never before. I am really getting engrossed in it. Just the other day I was talking to Phil. about what I had been reading, we were discussing Jacob and Esau and how Esau gave up his birthright for a bowl of stew! I asked him if he had ever been that hungry? Then at church this weekend, what did our Pastor preach about? Jacob and Esau and that bowl of soup. He was talking about how sometimes when we go through trials, we seem to say "just roll over me Lord, I'm already down, so just keep on bringing it." He went on to say how flip we get that we don't even care about what God does to us, instead of sitting up and taking notice and thinking Hey, God maybe trying to teach me something! He said Esau was like that, whatever, I don't care, just give me a bowl of soup. Obvisouly, this birthright thing was really a big deal, it was a spiritual thing, but Esau didn't even care. It made him unfaithful to God, to blow this birthright thing off like it didn't even matter. I didn't even realize that the birthright was a spiritual thing until I did some further studying. But you know that Esau knew! He just didn't care.

I find it so interesting that Phil and I were just discuss that story only a couple of days before. God is so amazing!!

We also sang a praise song & the chorus gave me chill bumps.
Here is Love, vast as the ocean,
Loving kindness as a flood
When the Prince of life our ransom
Shed for us his precious blood
Who His love will not remember
Who can cease to sing His praise
He will never be forgotten
Throughout heaven's eternal days
On the mount of Crucifixion
Fountains opened deep and wide
From the floodgates of God's mercy
Flowed a vast and gracious tide
Grace and love like mighty rivers
Flowed incessant from above
Heaven's peace and perfect justice
Kissed a guilty world in love


These lyrics speak of God's ultimate love for you and for me. It's so amazing, I don't understand why people don't "get it". I pray that others will see Jesus in me and God can use me for His glory.

Well, I am going off to bed soon. I hope everyone has an awesome week.

Be Thankfull for this day for it is a day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Renee

No comments: