Friday, August 28, 2009

How Time Flies~~~

I can't believe it's the end of August. It seems just like yesterday, the warm, long anticipated days of summer were arriving. Surely they would be stretching out in front of us for months to come......but it sadly summer is winding down, at least here in the upper mid west. All next week we aren't supposed to even get out of the 60's. While I love the cooler weather, I am shivering just thinking about those seemingly endless days of winter that's approaching much sooner than I want.

This winter, I will certainly know what to expect. I am already planning for things to do. Last year, I was totally taken by surprise. I mean, I lived for 3 years in New England, so I thought winter in Chicago would be no big deal. Boy was I wrong.

I've been trying to spend what's left of summer outside, as much as I can. I've been reading, reading and reading some more. I discovered a new author. A few weeks ago, I was on one of my frequent trips to the Good Will. (I love shopping there) and I found this wonderful book. The Woods by Harlan Coben. I usually don't like to read books written by men, (I have no idea why) but anyway, there you have it. This book had the most twist and turns. I was on pins and needles all the way to the last page.
I had to get another of his books, so off to Barnes & Nobles I went. I've read 5 of his books so far. Hold Tight, Gone for Good, Tell No One & Just One Look. (And of course The Woods) Every one is a page turner. I have passed a book along to my Mama and my Mother-in-law. The book Tell No One was also made into a movie. I think it went straight to dvd. I haven't watched it though, but I hope to soon.

So if you're looking for a great new author, pick up one of Harlan Coben's books, they are full of suspense and are all page turners.


As far as the adoption application is going. I have finished all my questions, but Hubby has to answer his. He says I will have to help him. Hmmmm.....

3 comments:

Denise said...

Nice to see you blogging sweetie, be blessed.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Isn't that funny, I don't read men authors either but really don't know why! I'll check him out and you need to check out Charlaine Harris the Aurora Teagarden mysteries. She writes the Sookie Stackhouse books which are great but I love her other ones also!

John Deere Mom said...

I am actually excited about summer winding down. It wasn't a great summer, weather-wise, and I LOVE fall. The crisp, cool air, wearing sweatshirts in the evening...ahhh. I can't wait!